last update:

This is just a quick note to say that I’ve push a copy of the “MATLAB”:http://www.mathworks.com/ “TextMate”:http://macromates.com/ bundle to “GitHub”:http://github.com/. You can read my post on “google groups”:http://groups.google.com/group/matlab-tmbundle/browse_thread/thread/13167a7acf5935b5, or just hit the “site”:http://github.com/mattfoster/matlab-tmbundle/tree/master. Happy forking!

I’ve been looking at getting a good build of “gnuplot”:http://gnuplot.info/ with everything I need for the bundle, and so I’ve tried various versions. My currently recommended way of getting “gnuplot”:http://gnuplot.info/ is this: fink install gnuplot-nox This will automatically build and install a gnuplot with pdflib and “aquaterm”:http://sourceforge.net/projects/aquaterm/ support, as well as everything else you’re likely to need. This only thing that it misses out it X11 support, which I don’t want and you probably don’t either!

I’ve just submitted this paper for the SPIE Europe Remote Sensing Conference due to be help in Cardiff on 16th September, 2008. It can be posted online provided I display the following notice: Copyright 2008 Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers. This paper was (will be) published in Proceedings SPIE Europe Remote Sensing 2008 and is made available as an electronic reprint (preprint) with permission of SPIE. One print or electronic copy may be made for personal use only.

Warning: this is properly hackerific! I just got a Samsung SGH-F400, instead of what I really wanted (an iPhone), because Orange dropped my line rental so much to get me to stay. It arrived today, and one of the first things I tried, was getting it to sync, with iSync. Which didn’t work. I got a copy of the novamedia plug-ins, for my SGH-D500, so I’ve plenty of Samsung plug-ins laying around, but not one for this.

I’m keeping my PhD thesis in a private repository on GitHub, because you can never have enough copies. A couple of times when I’ve tried to push, after some fairly major rejigging, I’ve had the error: To git@github.com:mattfoster/thesis.git ! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast forward) error: failed to push some refs to ‘git@github.com:mattfoster/thesis.git’ Which is obviously quite annoying. Ed’s Elite blog suggests that when this happens you should run git pull, manually merge, and then try the push again.