I’m very pleased to announce that the IPython TextMate bundle is in a state where it can actually be used – you can probably consider it to be a pre-beta.
To celebrate this, I’ve made a simple screencast demoing some of the basic features.
This screencast can also be downloaded, and I hope to give a quick overview of some of the more advanced features in a follow-up.
The main features of the bundle are:
- Communication with IPython via the extension ipy_vimserver. This
means the bundle should work right out of the box: just run
import ipy_vimserver; ipy_vimserver.setup('session'), and you can connect.
- running the current file in IPython
- running the current line / selection in IPython
- running the current file / selection / line in IPython with the profiler enabled
- growl notification of salient points
- rudimentary syntax highlighting of ipythonrc files, including warnings about broken comments
- commands for editing the ipythonrc file and .ipython directory
- built in help
- access from a single key binding.
We’d love to hear your feedback, so please send comments, suggestions
and feedback to either the ipython-dev list (please prefix the subject
[TextMate]), or the ipython-tmbundle google group (just reply to